EverEmber Reborn is a free roam multiplayer online roleplaying adventure game in the world of Ember. The Game's Concept: To bring back the good feeling of MMORPG's of the late 90's through 2000's while keeping up to date in many systems with hardcore death and player interaction.
Development Update #14, Trailer, New Members, DiscordHey there! We got some exciting news! First off, if you didn't already know, we removed the chatroom from the website (I know, we'll all miss it) and replaced it with our discord chat. The link to the chat is https://discord.gg/2eucjzP We hope to see you all chatting away! Check out the widget on the right side of the website as well! [IMG]...
Development Update #13 Boat Builder's TrailHello readers We thought we would give another update and this time around it is the Boat Builder's Trail. This road and area has a beach, mushroom path, and rock path. If you want to you can walk near the water by the beach, on the main road with the mushroom's or above by the rocks on higher ground. Each of these spots have their own purpose for ambush and exploration. There are different storytelling objects placed around which warns about the danger of this road, and who might be living...
Development Update #11, Trolls Passage and New Developers!Time for a new update! First off, there are three new developers on the team, @Lewis Hill , @Drahsid , and @Rangarz . All three are programmers for the team, and with the size of this team, we should be able to start showing off some game play videos shortly! Say hello and welcome to our new team members! Next, we've had our members working hard on creating new additions to the world. Trolls passage is near completion. The area is a large chasm where...
Development Update #10, Log CrossingWe continue to update when possible about the world of EverEmber Reborn. Today's post shows the continuation of the Avgard to Darom route. I have personally named it Log Crossing as you need to cross a log to continue the fastest way. There are additional routes designed such as the water route or going over the rocks. This is to open up for different scenarios if someone chooses to make this spot their ambush point. There is a scout point up on the top by the stacked stones with a torch,...
Development Update #9, Avgard to Darom route part 2Hello everyone. This is Dyce aka Amit returning to update you all on another development blog. We are continuing from previous development update #8 in which we showed an area which was near a campfire. Not far from that campfire across the bridges the travelers will see a small cave like area. Upon investigation, the player will stumble upon this scene. [IMG] First, the perspective is shown from a hole on the other side of the mountain hill, which...
Development Update #8, Beginning of Avgard to Darom roadHello, I am Dyce aka Amit. I am one of the level designers doing some early drafts of the world. I am taken upon myself to create one of the routes between Avgard and Darom. A few weeks back @Kajamaz posted the beginning of the road, this is the next part of the road when you walk further down the path. As a reminder I am showing the images from before and next part, so you can follow the path visually. [IMG] As you see...
Development Update #7, Necromancers CavernGood day EverEmberians! First off, welcome our newest member @Naitsirk1995 (Krisitian), he's a modeler that will be a part of our team, and he's already begun creating things for the world of EverEmber! His first task was to make the Necromancers Cave, a dark cavern created by the sorcerers supernatural powers. Inside the dead rise and the necromancer hides from light, his greatest enemy. A preview of the cave: [IMG] As for...
Development Update #6, Rogues DenHello fellow EverEmberians! EDIT: ALL USERS INCLUDING GUESTS CAN SEE THE PREVIEWS NOW! :) Theres a few new updates to the world of EverEmber that'll be in this post. First off, lets introduce the Rogues Den. Its similar to the Thieves Village from the last update, but instead of featuring a getaway town for thieves to unite, trade, and refuel, this town is a few taverns and a port side for all the black market trading and smuggling that takes place in the world of EverEmber. The den is...
Development Update #5, Thieves' VillageTime for another update. Today, we're gonna touch up on a new area, one that did not excist in EverEmber Online, and one that is going to be very different from the one from the original. Firstly, lets talk about the new village, Thieves Village. The Thieves Village is a small town hidden away from the rest of the society in the world of EverEmber. The game will feature a criminal system similar to the old one, if a player kills another player aggressively (not out of self defense) they...
Development Update #4, Sky IslandWelcome to the 4th development update for EverEmber Reborn! This post will be short and sweet, filled with images and teasers for the game and how our development is going. You can witness some of the development on our developer's @Amitgp twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150189348 and see how the world was formed for the screenshot attached to this post. We've been very actively mapping out areas such as Dragons Pasture, Finished Darom, Almost done...
Today, I will be sharing a few of the new items you can find in EverEmber that you may not be aware of, and I will also be sharing some new content with you guys, and where you might find it.
Let's start off with a few items that have been released into the world.
- Storm Hammer - The storm hammer is a 2H hammer that can be seen being carried by Sandstorm Knights. Dealing massive 2H blunt damage, and also dealing an extra earth bonus damage, this massive hammer is nothing to mess around with.
- Pixie Wings - There have been a full set of pixie wings introduced into the clothing store in Darom. You can find the colors Green < Purple < Red < Blue. Grab yours today before they disappear.
- Demonic Mount - This mount was planned for release with the Dreadshadow dungeon. If you are to find both fragments hidden within the Dreadshadow dungeon, you may get this Demonic Mount from the chest sitting upon the tall mountain in Cloud City.
New Content released in game today, 1/29/17
New Zones :
- Tomb Entrance : This is the entrance that can be found by going down the hidden door in the big gravestone in the graveyard. This will bring you to an area where you will start a new quest to vanquish evil.
- Gravestone Caverns : This area is crawling with evil and zombies. This small dungeon like area is very dark and twisted, you can hear the sounds of flesh being gnawed on. Can you complete the quest to restore this once sacred tomb?
New Quests :
I have a developer log that I meant to post a while back for you guys, but with all of our behind the scenes work going on, it got a little delayed.
These are updates that are in game currently, that will require no client side downloads/updates.
New Zones :
-Icedale Peak : A mysterious portal has opened up in Blizzard's Bluff and leads to a small ice village known as Icedale Peak. Here you will find several new enemies along with a few quests to play through, and not to mention the items!
-Frozen Cavern Depths : Cold, but not too cold to stop you from swinging your sword, or drawing your bow to slay a few monsters though, that is, if you can handle what lies within these depths. You may face a Yeti, ready to grind away your flesh and pick his teeth with your bones, or an Ice Knight, waiting to chill your bones as cold as his and crush you. Perhaps a frozen King, waiting for a worthy challenge. All I know is there are a few road blocks, maybe some villagers can give you some advice, or maybe a quest or two?
-Desert Caves Floor 2 : This area had been opened before but was shut down and remodeled. Explore deep into the desert caves outside of Rasheeb, you may find yourself trapped by Sandstorm Knights, and slithering Sand Venom's. Do not fret though, there is a new tool you can find here to help you on your way, along with some smashing weapons. ( See below for new tool info. )
-Desert Guardians Lair : If you have found yourself face to face with the multiple beasts that guard these chambers, then you may be tougher than you look. Do not get a big head though, as the monsters in here are not messing around. Can you restore peace to this once beautiful cave?
New Tool :
-Climbers Hook : This is the newest...
One is the "Momentum Attack System" which works for Melee and Ranged attacks, for melee attacks the more you attack the more momentum stacks you get (up to 5) (you have to keep them up by attacking otherwise they will dissappear upon a timeout [5 segs that are updated with each attack]) when you reach the 5 stacks you have a short amount of time to press Shift (Shift was choosen because it's the nearest to Ctrl, so people will easily associate it as the "Strong Attack Button", CTRL being the "Normal Attack" [kinda like Dinasty Warriors XD]), when you successfully perform a Momentum Attack you will inflict 1.1x the damage of the normal attack, for ranged attacks (bows) they get a momentum stack everytime they launch an arrow (since they will usually miss a lot of shots on moving targets) on every fifth arrow they can launch a Momentum Attack. For Melee and Ranged pressing Shift before the time is right will reset the momentum stacks (and not attack).
The other one is the "Concentrated (Spell-)Casting System" which starts when you press Shift while casting a spell (or when you cast a spell with Shift pressed to start immediatelly), this will start a QTE (<- it's a link) where you have to press a series of arrows in the correct order (max:4), failing one means it will perform a regular spell, if you get it right when you finish casting the spell it will do 1.1x the damage/heal/vital. (you can use both Arrow keys or the WASD)
Right: Concentrated Casting
Its been ages since i've posted anything on the website, and I just want to sincerely apologize for my insanely long absence with a very minor warning. I will try to touch on everything I can in one post so I don't have to make a vlog post #1, 2, 3, etc...
- My explanation for not posting or developing in such a long time comes down to a few things. I have been extremely busy with my university studies, exams, work, and friends. Its been a long and very different semester for me. I've had very little time for myself this semester, i had a job, extremely challenging classes, living alone and doing everything alone (everyone who cooks, cleans, and maintains everything alone knows what its like). I've had endless days in university in which i wake up at 4am, finish assignments, and come home only at 8-9pm. At that point, I just don't have the energy for EverEmber, and would rather hang out with some friends, do csgo with a friend, or call up a grill. On top of all that, internship hunting, developing myself professionally, etc... On top of that, the collapse of the website a few months ago, loss of momentum and users we had really made me lose motivation.
- EverEmber has turned out to be an amazing project with an amazing team, but it wasn't what I had originally envisioned, but I still want to see it succeed! I will be returning and working on the game little at a time. I have a huge list of everything that needs to be done compiled.
- The website will be fixed-up very soon, i'll add more images to the scroll bar, and have updates posted shortly.
I want to once again thank EACH AND EVERY ONE OF OUR EVEREMBER TEAM MEMBERS! Thank you so much for staying with us, and working on the project, I can't express my gratitude enough (sorry slash, still can't pay you). I will be posting a few more announcements soon, we'll keep everyone up to date!