Development Update #16, Ember Castle... Reborn

Discussion in 'Developer's Blog' started by Kajamaz, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Kajamaz

Kajamaz Project Manager Staff Member

Time for yet another update! Lets cut right to the chase!

Graphics/Trailer Development: Our team members Mitch and Jonty are still working on the draft of the current game trailer. Last time we made a reveal of the great Ember Dragon, this time we're going to tease you. The object presented is the glove of the most feared creature in the land of EverEmber. Its power so mighty that even the dragons and trolls that roam the land bow down before its power.
    [​IMG]

Gameplay and Development: MrSingularity has put a large amount of time and effort into the games character creation system as of late. Things crossed off the list
    -General character customization (gender, hair, skin color, height)
    -Screen scaling
    -Various network components completed
    https://i.gyazo.com/a0662939d9bc40569309044e8dab5d73.mp4

Ember Castle: The castle has been completely reworked by Amit. He took an interesting approach making the castle blend with the environment while also being the single most important location around its surroundings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope to see you all in the world of EverEmber soon!

Gianma and Vashima like this.
  2. Mr Singularity

Mr Singularity Administrator Staff Member

Extended commentary:

Hi, I'm MrSingularity and I'm working on EverEmber's character creation and networking system. As of right now, the login networking system has been mostly finished and the character creation system has been through several prototyping stages.

Currently, I'm working with Animagic on implementing character loading and character saving to the login server.

I expect that we will be able to roam the lands of EverEmber soon. Keep your eyes peeled, mateys!